I can’t believe I found her and had the opportunity to interview her! What a find for us – Suzanne Wells, The Ebay Coach. In this episode Suzanne talks about how her career selling online started after her divorce and job loss. She needed to make some money fast and started selling on eBay. In that first month, she made $1,500 and in just a few short months later started making more money selling online than she made at her previous job.
Now 10 years later Suzanne is selling across many platforms, not just eBay, is regularly covered by the media, coaches others on how to sell online and has a new online training program around all things “ecommerce.”
Here are the relevant links:
1. According to NPD, the average household has $7,000 worth of items that could be sold online.
2. Suzanne sells across many platforms, not just Ebay. She sells also on Amazon, Etsy, Craigslist, Facebook Yard Sale Groups and more! She sells across many platforms because not everything sells on every site and because there are selling limits.
3. “Extreme couponing” may provide the inventory, at a free or reduced cost, that one would need to sell online.
4. Suzanne’s group “Stay at Home Moms Selling on Ebay” is phenomenal. It is a closed group so you have to ask to join. Her group is long established and great. You’ll really enjoy it. You can find it here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/32834244401/
5. Your mileage may vary. Please consult with your CPA and Attorney, use your best judgement and understand that there are risks associated with any business. Suzanne herself said not to over invest in inventory as the market can change very quickly.
Business Tip of the Week
Lift.do is a free online and mobile tool to help build your habits. It can be a social site, if you want it to be. You can join other groups of people trying to build similar habits. I’ve been using it recently and I love it. Let’s be friends on Lift and get our habits in line together!
I’ve been doing a really good job of turning out a new podcast episode each week and am now committing to continuing the conversation on this blog, at least once per week. The latest blog post that I referred to “Hacking Cooking” can be found here.
Your review on iTunes would mean so much for this show. Please go to http://www.networkerforbusinesswomen.com/itunes and give this show a rating and review!